This Year’s Guest Speaker: Congressman J. Randy Forbes
Randy Forbes is the President of the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation and National Strategic Center, and is Senior Director at the largest law firm in the United States.
Randy has served as a Distinguished Senior Fellow teaching strategy at the U.S. Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island. He is on the Board of Directors for the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessment and President of American Defense Dialogues.
Randy began his career in private law practice, ultimately becoming a partner in the largest law firm in southeastern Virginia. From 1989-2001, he served the Commonwealth of Virginia in the General Assembly, first as a Member of the House of Delegates, then in the Virginia Senate. In 2001, Randy was elected to Congress where he represented Virginia’s 4th Congressional District for 16 years. He was a senior member of the House Judiciary Committee and the House Armed Services Committee and Chairman of the Seapower and Projection Forces Subcommittee.
Randy is a national leader on the front to protect religious freedom and liberty. In 2005 he founded the Congressional Prayer Caucus – a bipartisan and bicameral official organization of Congress – which quickly grew to over 100 members strong. Each week, Members would gather before Session to pray. The Caucus engaged on a number of legislative issues including reinforcing religious freedom for all faiths in the military, supporting and protecting the autonomy of churches and faith-based organizations, and working to ensure every American is free to live according to their beliefs without fear of punishment by the government.
Randy and his wife Shirley have four children and four grandchildren, which Randy personally regards as his greatest achievement.
Our speakers have included:
- 2019 Vice Admiral William “Dean” Lee — Retired U.S. Coast Guard
- 2018 Megan Alexander – TV commentator, “Inside Edition.” Author
- 2017 Lance Wallnau – internationally known speaker, business and political strategist
- 2016 DeVon Franklin – Producer, Author, Preacher and Media Personality
- 2015 Charles Mann, former Washington Redskin Lineman
- 2014 The Honorable Allen B. West
- 2013 Dr. Carlos Campo
- 2012 Honorable Randy Forbes, United States Congressman
- 2011 Meadowlark Lemon, Former Player, Harlen Globetrotters
- 2010 Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson, Founder & Chairman, Christian Broadcasting Network
- 2009 Mr. Cal Thomas, Newspaper Columnist
- 2008 Mr. H. Wayne Huizenga, Jr. President, Huizenga Holdings, Inc.
- 2007 the Honorable Bob McDonnell, Virginia Attorney General
- 2006 The Honorable Hal J. Bonney, Jr., U.S. Bankruptcy Judge
- 2005 Mr. John D. Ashcroft, Former United States Attorney General
- 2004 Mr. S. Truett Cathy, Founder & Chairman, Chic-fil-A
- 2003 Mr. Paul S. Trible Jr., President, Christopher Newport University
- 2002 Dr. L. Gregory Jones, Duke Divinity School
- 2001 Reverend Jerry Falwell, Pastor, Thomas Road Baptist Church
- 2000 Mr. M. Wayne Huggins, Superintendent, Virginia State Police
- 1999 Brigadier General Richard F. Abel, U.S. Air Force (Retired)
- 1998 Mr. Mark L. Early, Virginia Attorney General
- 1997 Mr. Ben Kinchlow, Christian Broadcasting Network
- 1996 Johnny & June Carter-Cash, Country Music Legends
- 1995 Mr. Adolph Coors, IV
- 1994 ADM. Jerome “Jerry” Johnson, U.S. Navy (Retired)
- 1993 Dr. Tony Evans, President, Urban Alternative
- 1992 Mr. Cal Thomas, Newspaper Columnist
- 1991 Rev. Dick Woodward, Pastor, Williamsburg Community Chapel
- 1990 Mr. Roger Staubach, Professional Football Player
- 1989 Rev. Dick Woodward, Pastor, Williamsburg Community Chapel
- 1988 Dr. Anthony Campolo, Professor, Eastern College, Pennsylvania
- 1987 Mr. Tom Phillips, CEO, Raytheon
- 1986 Mr. Paul S. Trible Jr., U.S. Senate
- 1985 General John E. Vessey, Jr., U.S. Army (Retired)